What We Treat
Our patients are our number one referral source at our Denver clinic, sending us their friends and family to be treated. This has resulted in us treating a wide variety of conditions and health complaints that we have had good results with.
In an effort to provide the highest quality care, we focus our study and research in a few specialized areas of great interest to us. We work hard to keep ourselves updated on the latest materials and research within these specializations. This helps us provide excellent care and keep our patients informed.
We pride ourselves in providing quality care to every patient who walks in our door and work with each patient to help them reach their health goals. Empowering people towards positive changes puts a smile on our face. We also understand our limitations and will readily refer someone out to another practitioner if the need arises.
Pain and Injury
Here at Chasing the Wind Acupuncture & Holistic Medicine we have successfully treated many conditions of acute and chronic pain with acupuncture, myofascial massage, and Trigger Point Therapy. This combination works effectively in relieving symptoms quickly.
Ways Acupuncture can help pain:
• Produces endorphins-natural pain killers
• Increases circulation to the tissues
• Boosts the immune system
• Breaks up adhesions
• Restores balance
Understanding chronic disease can be a challenge. We have dedicated a good part of our education to learn how to treat several chronic disease conditions. We are currently treating lyme disease, fibromyalgia, CFS, MSIDS, retinitis pigments. If you don’t see your condition here please give us a call to see if we can help.
Our Holistic Approach to treating chronic disease:
• Nutritional and dietary advice
• Emotional support
• Chinese Herbal Therapy & Supplements
• Acupuncture and other healing modalities
Clinical acupuncture for addiction recovery is a specialized form of acupuncture and is performed by placing five thin, hair-like, sterile, single-use needles in each ear. The needles are generally left in place for 35 – 45 minutes. Following a treatment, the patient will feel calmer and more focused. Once the needles have been placed in each ear, simply sit back in a comfortable chair and relax, the needles will do the rest!
Some of the powerful benefits Acupuncture treatment can provide for addiction recovery are:
• Relieves stress, anxiety, depression, insomnia, restlessness, fear, anger, muscle cramps and frustration
• Helps with clear thinking and decision making
• Aids in coping with grief/sadness
• Reduces acute and post-acute withdrawal and craving symptoms
• Has a balancing effect on the autonomic and neurotransmitter systems which reduces substance craving
• It is a safe, effective, cost-efficient modality that can easily be integrated with all phases of conventional psychosocial and (if applicable), pharmaceutical rehabilitation.
• This protocol is also safe for pregnant women in recovery
Woman’s Health & Fertility Support
We help women live healthy lives and feel great by healing imbalances related to menstrual issues, PMS, migraines, headaches, menstrual cramping, stress, and fatigue.
We are also trained and experienced in Chinese herbal therapy and acupuncture to support you in all the transitions of life, including fertility, healthy pregnancies, and on through menopause.
Chinese Herbal Therapy and Acupuncture can help:
• Alleviate menstrual irregularities
• Enhance fertility
• PMS symptom relief
• Migraine relief
• Menopause support
• Increased energy
• Stress management
At Chasing the Wind Acupuncture and Holistic Medicine we utilize acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine, CranioSacral Therapy, and bodywork therapies to help restore balance within the body. By addressing the root cause of the disharmony your mood and wellbeing will improve with increased energy to tackle life with a positive attitude. We want all of our patients to enjoy a full and happy life.
Some common emotional conditions that can be successfully treated:
• Sleep disorders
• OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Dosorder)
• Lack of Motivation
5 Things that Chasing the Wind Acupuncture can do for you:
• Accurately diagnose the cause
• Access structural alignment
• Release muscles using myofascial massage
• Give exercises to do on your own to further support your healing
• Get you back in the game
Read more: Acupuncture Treatment for Sports Injuries
Digestive health is key to having a happy, healthy life. If digestive function is impaired it can negatively impact many aspects of our lives. At Chasing the Wind Acupuncture & Holistic Medicine we deal with each case on an individualized basis to accurately determine the root cause of each patient’s malaise. We provide guided dietary instruction, lifestyle suggestions, herbal and supplement therapy, along with any of our healing modalities.
Our goal is to:
• Reduce discomfort
• Establish a long-term goal